quinta-feira, 13 de novembro de 2008

LAMENT OF A YELLOW KITE


LAMENT OF A YELLOW KITE


The Yellow Kite searched for Wind, but found no answer. "Where are you today, my sweet, sweet wind?", she asked softly. But the wind was not there anymore. "Why have you left me? Why can´t I go with you through skies, and oceans and forests?", she cried out. But the wind didn´t even bother to answer her. "Don´t you fancy me, anymore? Come back to me, let me be faithful to you forever", she begged. But the wind barely looked her in the eyes. "Can´t you remember our promises? We would fly countries and kingdoms!", she shouted, alone. But the wind appeared to have no interest in her. "I see, my sweet wind, you don´t love me anymore", she concluded sadly. But the wind kept running without noticing her cries. "My delicate silks and bamboo sticks did not tame your heart", she dropped a few tears.
*
And then the wind decided to look at her."My sweet innocent Kite, don´t you ever believe a Wind´s promise. Your fate is to paint the skies with your yellow skin, cutting clouds, making kids laugh. You can´t have me. No one can. Yesterday you were my dedicated lover and bride. But today, I want to run mountains, skirts and dent-de-lions. And tomorrow I shall run papers, leafes and drying clothes. Yesterday I flew with you. And you flew with me. Tomorrow I might want to go to African lands or Chinese fields. For I have no home, just desire, just paths. I could never promise to love you. Forgive me, then. I must depart now", he answered.
*
And the Kite looked at Wind, as he flew away. She had tears on her eyes, while she kept dancing like a sad fairy. And she cried, and cried, and cried. And her tears soked her completely, making her body heavy like a stone. And no longer she could fly, quickly descending to her kite´s grave on the ground.
*
The green grass embraced her gently, happily holding her with love and devotion."I always looked at you from down here, but you were nothing but an impossible dream, always chasing Wind. I shall love you, dear Kite, because now we are one with the earth", the grass whispered on her ears.
*
The Kite smiled.
And she felt like home.

Nenhum comentário: